One of the biggest decisions newlyweds have to make is where to go on their honeymoon, and how much money to spend on it. You should be able to enjoy your search. Don’t let it stress you out. Sure, there are many destinations and tons of hotels and resorts to choose from, you can easily narrow down your search. Here are some guidelines for choosing honeymoon vacations.
• As with any vacation, you should always begin with the budget. Have an idea of how much money you can afford to spend on your trip. For how many days will the trip be? Set a total budget as well as a daily budget. In addition to suite accommodation and airfare, consider the price for food, drinks, and entertainment as well.
• Consider your destination. Exotic beach vacations are very popular these days, in places like the Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexico, Maldives, Fiji, etc. However, there are still plenty of romantic cities in Europe to consider. You don’t even have to leave the US. Maybe you can do the Vegas thing or head to Hawaii. What about a bungalow rental in Key West? Or an exciting week in NYC? Make a list of the places you and your fiancé want to go and compare prices.
• If you have trouble settling on a specific destination, at least come up with a theme. Is the exotic beach thing for you? Or an exciting city getaway? What about adventure? Romantic mountain honeymoons are always a good idea.
• Honeymoon vacations don’t always have to be in one spot. You could always go on a cruise. Azamara Club, Princess, Norwegian, and Celebrity cruises all offer great honeymoon packages. Today’s cruise ships have spas, butlers, luxury suites, and more. You can opt to stay on the ocean for most of the time or choose an itinerary with exciting port cities.
• The season and weather might be something to think about. You don’t want to end up feeling uncomfortable in a hot, humid environment, OR an icy cold environment. Even if you do plan on spending most of your time indoors, extreme weather could cause disruptions in your travel plans. It might not be the best idea to go on a Caribbean cruise during hurricane season, for instance.
• Finally, make a list of all of the amenities the two of you want. What can you do without? What do you absolutely must have? When comparing honeymoon vacations, look for ones that offer all of the amenities you need.
Online websites are the go-to resource for honeymooners everywhere. It’s the leading travel site in the world, and it’s where you will undoubtedly find the best deals on honeymoon vacations. You can research all of the destinations you’re interested in and compare rates and amenities.